The accounting sector in Singapore is undergoing a major transformation to realise its aim of becoming a leading global accountancy hub for Asia Pacific. To achieve this vision, one of the major initiatives implemented is the creation of new pathways to facilitate entry of degree holders from non-accountancy disciplines.
Introduced in 2006, the SMU MPA has been providing this pathway to new exciting career opportunities in the accountancy sector, both in professional services and corporate accounting. The adequacy and relevancy of our curriculum content is evidenced by the accreditations and endorsed status received from the licensing authority and professional bodies listed below:
- AACSB International
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Singapore)
- Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC)
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- CPA Australia
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
These recognitions offer an accelerated pathway for MPA graduates to satisfy the membership requirements of these global professional bodies, and to qualify for the CPA or CA status. Such recognition gives SMU MPA graduates international mobility and a strong competitive edge over other graduates.
The newly revised MPA curriculum provides candidates with strong business fundamentals, technical skills for various accounting functions and professional accounting services. The programme can be completed in one year on a full-time basis, or over two years on a part-time basis.
Leveraging the unique SMU pedagogy, faculty and state-of-the-art city campus, the SMU MPA's professional recognition equips you with the necessary and relevant skill sets for today's competitive global business world.
Last updated on 24 Jan 2018 .